TBase is a brand new freeware database system. Just released has been database engine (TBaseLib), which is available separately as a C library. Some applications have been written demonstrating the functionality of the database library. The library is already in use by one third-party application: AcornICQ now is the proud owner of this great database engine ;-)
Main goals of the database are:
- to be fast
- usable on small memory systems
- even faster on machines with lots of RAM
- to run on both RISC OS and Windows
- easy to use
Implemented features of the database are:
- no hardcoded limits, i.e. unlimited fields, records, etc.
- fixed and variable sized fields
- empty fields do not waste space (ok, they do occupy the massive amount of 1 bit ;-)
- queries are created using simple string expressions
The first public version has been released.